P1 Visa application for a Team of Athletes | Gamer eSport
Get in touch
P1 Visa for Athletes
An athletic team (usually composed of 5 professional Gamers and their Coach) must be internationally recognized in the sport in order to be eligible for this visa category for non-immigrant worker. The P1 visa athletes must be coming to the U.S. to perform services that require an internationally recognized athlete.
P1 Visa For eSport Professionals:
You must be coming to the United States to participate in a specific athletic competition in a sport in which you are internationally recognized. You are internationally recognized if you have a high level of achievement in a sport, demonstrated by a degree of skill and recognition substantially above that ordinarily encountered. Your achievement must be renowned, leading, or well-known in more than one country. The competition(s) you wish to participate in must have a distinguished reputation and require the participation of internationally recognized athletes.
You must be coming to the United States to participate in an athletic competition with a team that, as a unit, has achieved international recognition in the sport. The competition in which your team is participating must have a distinguished reputation and require the participation of internationally recognized athletic teams.
You must be coming to the United States to be employed as an athlete by:
- A team that is a member of an association of six or more professional sports teams whose total combined revenues exceed $10 million per year. The association must govern the conduct of its members and regulate the contests and exhibitions in which its member teams regularly engage; or
- Any minor league team that is affiliated with such an association.
Athletic group: The time needed to complete the event, competition, or performance. This period of time cannot exceed one year. Exceptions apply for Teams by which depending on their employment agreement could be eligible for a period of up to 4 years.
A consultation letter from a U.S. peer group, labor organization, and/or management organization is generally required for petitions in the O and P visa classifications (please consult your immigration attorney for guidance on this requirement. The average cost for these letters are between $250-$500).
- Establishes that you will be working for a team located in the United States that is a member of an association of six or more professional sports teams.
- Establishes that the total combined revenues of the association’s teams exceeds $10 million per year.
- Establishes that the association governs the conduct of its members and regulates the contests and exhibitions in which its member teams regularly engage.
ACCOUNTING | TAX | LEGAL | ADVISORY
Drummond Advisors has a multidisciplinary team with experience and certifications to operate in the United States and Brazil. Our team has accountants, lawyers, managers and consultants with experience in international business.
How we operate
In order to deliver an exceptional level of high quality service, the consulting performed by Drummond Advisors presents a set of skills that differentiates us in the market, allowing greater efficiency, timeliness and promptness in service. We mean to always work in partnership with our clients, ensuring their accounting, tax, legal and market needs are aligned to your goals, thus enabling sustainable financial decisions and successfully exits.