Normative Resolution No. 46 published on August 8th 2022 by the National Immigration Council of the Ministry of Justice and Public Security, establishes changes in the residence permit for Real Estate Investments in Brazil.
We would like to highlight the main changes that Normative Resolution for Residence Permit for Real Estate Investments established as follows:
- The initial period of the Residence Permit has a length of 04 (four) years, the previously period of the Residence Permit was 02 (two) years.
- Possibility of granting a Residence Permit for an indefinite period on the first renewal, after completed the 4 (four) years of the initial Residence Permit.
- In the case of an initial authorization with a validity period that doesn’t reaches the period of 4 (four) years, the immigrant may apply for a renewal for indefinite period after completing the minimum period established by law.
- It is important to mention that the immigrant should remain in Brazil for at least 14 (fourteen) days, continuous or not, each period of 2 (two) years. Previously the law established the period of 30 days, which could be fulfilled at any time during the 2-years Residence Permit.
- In cases of not achieving the period of 14 (fourteen) days, continuous or not, each period of 2 (two) years, the immigrant may apply for a new Residence Permit for a period of 4 (four) years, if the original real estate investment has been maintained.
Would you like to know more about how to obtain your Residence Permit for Real Estate Investments in Brazil? Contact our Drummond Advisors Immigration team!
Written by Ana Gabriela Francelli, Eduardo Giugliano e Victoria Vono